Thursday, December 3, 2009

get the job get the rob

I loved that match so I think its just different tastes. I love the flash and speed and fluidity, as well as the stiffness of the kicks. I think its a great athletic display. Would I want an entire card of matches like that? No. But similarly I don't want a whole card of allied brands "WWE style" regardless of how good it is. I'm basically ok with 1 or 2 "spotfests" on a card and think they do a good job to fire me and others up. Then a match with lots of selling and psychology can appeal to a different part of my wrestling brain.

I mean, I can't deny that they don't sell very well. I have on more than a few occasions laughed at Shelley's lack of selling after big moves. But ultimately I don't mind. Maybe if he sold better to peter graham fit with the spots his matches would be "5 stars" and 20 minutes but that's not what they are. They're flashy undercard matches meant to fire people up. On the baskin robbins australia other hand the one time I actually do remember them getting involved in a psychology based feud with the Dudleyz I thought they did a solid job with it, even if it sort of took away from the usual "flashy" appeal they bring.

It just seems like taste. Unless you actually like "spotty" wrestling and you just think the Guns are bad at it I'm assuming you just don't enjoy the style. And that's fine just like some don't enjoy hardcore wrestling or punch/kick brawling or submission wrestling. Just subjective tastes. I think the Guns are exceptionally good at what they do. Its just a matter of whether you like what they do.